Monday, November 11, 2013

November Eatz

Clearly there will be some amending of this meal plan on the 4th week.   (We are on week 2 already.)

1st and 3rd

M - Cuban Sandwich, Black Beans, Rice
T - Bean Soup with Sausage, Homemade Bread
W - Red Beans & Rice, Carrots
R - Fish Tacos, Refried Beans
F - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
S - Pizza, Salad
U - Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes

2nd and 4th
M - Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, Carrots
T - Chicken Black Beans Soup, Tortilla Chips
W - Chicken Curry, Rice
R - Mojo Chicken, Black Beans & Rice
F - Spaghetti, Salad, Texas Toast
S - Fried Rice, Egg Rolls
U - Pork Loin, Green Beans, Sauerkraut, Dumplings

A couple of weeks ago, spaghetti was on the meal plan and I had a sudden craving for Texas toast.  After investigating online I made a loaf of Challah/Egg Bread and sliced it, buttered it lightly, sprinkled it with garlic powder and toasted it - voila - it was sublime!  There is a neat trick to make garlic toast without butter - you just toast the bread and then cut a clove of garlic and rub it over the hot toasted bread - it really is super garlic-y that way.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Do you shop then every two weeks? What about make ahead meals? You ever do that?

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I do a big trip about every 5 weeks or so. Even though I plan for 4, it usually stretches a few extra days - sometimes a lot more, if you go back on the blog, you'll see that I've left out a lot of months this year - those were all months we didn't need a big trip. Sometimes I will make something that I can cook one and freeze one, but I haven't gotten into a regular routine with that yet. I'd like to!

Meredith said...

id like the recipe for bbq lentils. ps... i make your thai style brisket recipe except with roast quite often.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I bet you make that recipe more often than I do! :) I'll email you the lentil recipe, it's not online.