Monday, November 18, 2013

Peppermint Patty Sandwich Cookies


I am not a big fan of peppermint on its own, but mix it with chocolate and you've got me interested.  These cookies are super yummy and easy to make.

For the cookies:
1 package devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
granulated sugar

For the filling:
4oz cream cheese, softened
4 TBSP butter, softened
1 tsp peppermint extract
2 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix cookie ingredients in a large bowl and blend well.  Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.  Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar.  (They are super sticky, so you will need a good coating of sugar on the glass.)  Bake for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked.  Cool slightly before removing to wire racks.

Combine cream cheese, butter and and peppermint in a bow and beat, slowly add the powdered sugar.  I made mine green because I thought it looked minty :)  I used my 1 1/2 disher (not quite filling it) and put a mound of filling on the bottom cookie, then I placed the top cookie over the mound and pressed down while twisting.  Alternately, you could spread it with a knife, but I think twisting is more fun (and faster).

Refrigerated in an air tight container.  Makes 18 sandwich cookies.


1 comment:

Meredith said...

those look like little debbie's