Friday, May 11, 2007

Great Kitchen Gadgets!

One kitchen gadget I'm getting really spoiled by is my Digital Probe Thermometer. My parents gave it to us for Christmas and it is great. I do a lot of roasting and that inevitably meant guessing at doneness or reaching into a super hot oven half a dozen times to poke at my food with a meat thermometer. But not anymore!

To use the Digital Probe Thermometer, you stick the probe in, lead the cord out of the oven and attach it to the digital thermometer. The thermometer has a magnet on the back and a little swing away foot. I use the magnet and stick it high on my oven (i.e. far away from Caleb!). Instead of setting a time, I set a target temperature and when the food reaches that temperature, a buzzer goes off. It has meant the end of us hungrily cutting into a big, juicy chicken, only to discover it's not done inside.

No comments: