Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20-26, 2010

20 T - African Beef Curry, Rice
21 W - Creamy Pasta Salad, Carrot Sticks
22 R - Mojo Chicken, Black Beans, Rice
23 F - Seafood Pot Pies, Corn
24 S - Sugar Festival all day
25 U - Parmesan Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Green Peas
26 M - Chicken Spareribs, Green Beans, Carrots, Cottage Cheese Rolls

The Creamy Pasta Salad is the featured recipe in this month's High Five magazine! So I guess it will be kid friendly. It's also our meatless representative this week. Also I have been meaning to spotlight the recipe linked as "Black Beans" - it uses a "sofrito" which is a sauce made of a combination of aromatic ingredients - they can vary from place to place. This one is a Cuban sofrito and the main ingredient is bell pepper. It smells AWESOME and makes me feel quite like I fit in here in my own little corner of Latin America :)

No comments: