Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 26 - September 15

We’ll be out of town for the first week of September, so this plan covers the next three weeks (omitting the days we’ll be out of town).

26 S – Cheesy Kielbasa Bake/Salad
27 U – Frozen Pizza/Salad
28 M – Cantonese Beef/Rice/Carrot Sticks
29 T – Egg Noodle Lasagna/Salad
30 W – church dinner
TRIP
7 R – Frozen Pizza
8 F – Spicy BBQ Chicken/Tater Tots/Lima Beans
9 S – Spaghetti/Garlic Bread/Peas
10 U – L.O. Spaghetti
11 M – Skillet Grilled Catfish/Cole Slaw/Tater Tots
12 T – Kentucky Grilled Chicken/Broccoli/Carrots
13 W – church dinner
14 R – Salisbury Steak/Mashed Potatoes/Broccoli
15 F – Baked Taco Chicken/Black Beans/Rice

I noticed another “plus” of the meal plan this week. Since I had to think about when I would buy ingredients, I had to take into consideration I might not be interested in cooking and doing dishes the night we get back from our trip! So instead of looking forward to a dinner of cheerios with milk, we’re having a nice hot pizza!

We do sometimes go to the trouble making our own pizza, but to tell the truth, it’s not cost effective. Our store brand pizzas are very good and cost less than $4.

p.s. Some of these links are to "Subscribers Only" recipes on www.tasteofhome.com, if you want the recipe, email me and I will send it to you.

No comments: