Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I made cookies today:


They are a Valentine's modification of these Christmas Cookies.

Finger lickin' good! :)


There actually isn't any sugar in the cookie part of these cookies, but the icing and filling made them really sweet. The cookies are very much like puff pastry.

***

We're still working on the last menu, but a few of the recipes have turned out really well. Tonight we had Southwestern Nachos - and I made a few modifications to the meal. They were very good - instead of using pork loin, I braised 3 small pork chops in apple juice and minced garlic then shredded the meat. Instead of high priced "Scoop" tortilla chips, I used store brand white corn tortilla chips. I used all the beans recommended (the original recipe made two 13x9 pans, I made one 9x9 pan), less corn, a whole tomato, about 1/3 of a red onion, red pepper flakes, and lime juice. Instead of velvetta I topped it with shredded cheese. It was yummy!

Also the African Beef Curry was a super easy meal and very good. I also really liked the Ham Barley soup. However I do not recommend the Orange Chicken with Sweet Potatoes.

No comments: