Monday, February 15, 2010

Gravy Train: Yellow Curry Sauce

Back before they halved their portions and doubled their prices, we liked to eat at Chicken Kitchen. The biggest benefit of Chicken Kitchen over Pollo Tropical was that their chop-chops* came with a choice of sauces...but everyone I knew always got the yellow curry sauce. Since Chicken Kitchen went high-brow, Pollo Tropical has begun offering a yellow curry sauce. Because we like the yellow sauce so much, I searched far and wide for a homemade substitute. And recently, I struck gold...or yellow I guess :)

Yellow Curry Sauce:

1 part yellow mustard
4 parts mayonnaise
curry powder to taste

Mix well, refrigerate until ready to serve. Very good over chicken or rice and beans.

(*So far as I can tell, a chop-chop is just a one dish meal with chopped up meat - usually chicken - rice and beans and other ingredients that can vary.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hallelujah