Sunday, May 11, 2008

How to: Store Celery

It used to be that I would omit celery when a recipe called for it - mostly because I would use a single stalk and in a few days the rest of the bunch would be droopy and gross. It wasn't that celery was super expensive, it just seemed like I was tossing my $1.99 into the garbage can.

But I recently learned it does not have to be this way! Celery can easily be stored and kept crisp! All you have to do is wrap the whole bunch in a big piece of aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge. Remove what you need, wrap it back up and it will keep much longer.

Celery is a good source of fiber and vitamins and is not only nutrient dense, it's also very filling, making is a good snack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey...thanks... I'll have to try the aluminum foil. I have the same problem with celery.