Saturday, July 26, 2008

RFW: Day 5

Today's Meal was:
Hidden Dragon



I called it "Hidden Dragon" because it was an "Asian Inspired" flavor in a foil packet (hidden). If I had only been cooking for myself and Rob I would have made it spicier (more "dragon"), but Caleb can't handle really spicy foods yet

Hidden Dragon

2 cups cooked rice
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp 5 Spice Powder
1/2 bag of "stir fry" veggies (I like Eat Smart brand, I usually buy their broccoli because it's on sale a lot and is only florets, no one in my house is crazy about the stem part)
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (which I would have used if there had been some in the fridge, since there was not, I mixed soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, minced garlic, and ketchup)
2 large retangles of aluminum foil
cooking spray

Heat the oven to 400. Lay out one retangle of foil. Spray the middle with cooking spray and spoon on half of the rice in a retangle to make a "bed" for the chicken. Put the chicken on the rice. Sprinkle the chicken with the powder. Top the powder with half of the veggies. Drizzle the veggies with half of the sauce. Fold up the foil and crimp all edges well to completely seal. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for half and hour or so or until the chicken is completely cooked.



What I love about this meal? EASY CLEAN UP!!!

No comments: