Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Super Sips : Cherry Limeade

I love Sonic, but I've always stuck to their slushes or cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper. At the Sonic in North Ft. Myers, there is a huge picture of a pop art Cherry Limeade, which is supposed to be a classic Sonic drink. I realized I'd never ordered a Cherry Limeade, so the next time we were there, I asked for one. I was very disappointed that beyond the cheery pink color, it tasted exactly like Sprite...which is probably my least favorite soft drink.

So no long after that I realized I had a lime I had forgotten to use and cherries in the fridge...fresh cherries (they're in season right now)...and I made my own cherry limeade, which I liked much better. Here is my own recipe:

The juice AND zest of 1 lime - roll the lime on the counter to get the most juice out of it.
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
4 fresh red cherries, pitted
12 ice cubes

Put everything in a blender and pulse until all the ice is crushed. Makes 1 large serving, 2 small servings, or enough for one momma and her 2 year old son.

No comments: