Monday, December 15, 2008

That's Sweet: 10-Minute Toffee Treats

This recipe comes courtesy of my talented mother-in-law, who has co-authored a book full of Christmas recipes, ideas, and stories including this amazingly simple yet impressively delicious candy recipe:

10-Minute Toffee Treats

1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil, then line with a single layer of saltines. In saucepan bring butter and sugar to boil. Boil 3 minutes. Immediately our over saltines. Spread. Bake for only 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Wait 4 minutes and spread. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool and break into pieces.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to try this.

Unknown said...

just made it. It's cooling... I'll let you know how it turned out. I used dark chocolate chips and pecans. what nut did you use?

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I used peanuts, I had to buy a can of them for another recipe anyway. I used the semi-sweet chips too - I'm not too crazy about milk chocolate.

Unknown said...

well... Ben loved it. I liked it. It was very easy.