Tuesday, January 06, 2009

January 6 - 19, 2009

6 T – Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
7 W – Grilled Pork Chops, Corn and Barley Salad (JLG 23)
8 R – Oriental Chicken (SCR 69), Sesame Snap Peas and Pearl Onions, Rice
9 F – Roast Barbecue (JLG 53), Baked Beans, Carrots
10 S – Chicken and Yellow Rice, Green beans
11 U – L.O. Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad
12 M – Crispy Oven Fried Chicken (JLG 71), Potato Salad, Broccoli in Spicy Orange Sauce (JLG 39)
13 T – Swedish Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce (JLG 57), Egg Noodles
14 W – Tender BBQ’d Chicken (SCR 74), Macaroni and Cheese, Lil Green Peas
15 R – Beef Barley Stew (SCR 33)
16 F – L.O. Beef Barley Stew
17 S – Chicken in a Pot (SCR 64)
18 U – Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup
19 M – Chili, Corn Muffins

My mom gave me two cookbooks while I was at home - Best of Country Slow Cooker Recipes and Just Like Grandma Used to Make. The Slow Cooker one appealed to me at first because our playgroup time has been moved to late afternoons to accomdate those who are now in preschool and I needed some crockpot inspirations! But since we've been home, I've made four recipes from the Grandma cookbook and all of them have been real winners! Especially Swedish Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce, which Rob requested we have again soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want Swedish meatballs when you have time.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I'm guessing from the timestamp that you commented while I was posting the recipe! We are thinking alike :) At first I thought you meant you wanted me to make them for you! ha!