Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 18 - 24, 2010

18 T – Breakfast for Supper
19 W – Grilled Tomatillo Chicken , Broccoli, Carrots
20 R – Grilled Pork Chops, Corn on the Cob, Fabulous Green Beans
21 F – Mojo Chicken, Rice, Black Beans, Yellow Sauce
22 S – Tomato Basil Soup, Asiago Bread
23 U – Chicken Foil Packets
24 M – Shrimp Scampi, Pasta, Carrots

Our grill is out of service, so any "grilling" I will be doing will be compliments of the broiler. I used to use a "George Foreman" counter-top grill, but I think the broiler gives a much more "grill-like" result. This will be my first tomatillo cooking experience. A couple of these recipes are subscriber only on Taste of Home, so if you'd like the recipe, let me know.

Oh and is it obvious that Mojo Chicken with Black Beans and yellow sauce has become our new "spaghetti"? It is my go-to menu idea when I am stumped and it is cheap and easy - and once I learn to make my own Mojo marinade, it will be completely made from scratch.

And good news - I seem to be past a little slump for now and cooking doesn't sound so overwhelming this week. I know there are more fatigued days to come, but for the moment, hunger triumphs over exhaustion!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love me some tomatillos! (ok, and yellow sauce)