Wednesday, July 12, 2006

July 15-28, 2006

You might notice that some of these dinners are also on my last meal plan, we ended up eating alternate choices or having more left overs than I expected. I push meals ahead all the time. This week is heavy on condiments I may or may not have on hand. Because I pinched and used a good part of last time's budget on meat, I can restock some of the other ingredients and still stay within the budget.

15 S - Crispy Onion Chicken/Baked Potatoes/Green Beans
16 U - Pizza (Digiorno)/Carrot Sticks
17 M - Spicy BBQ Chicken/Broccoli/Corn
18 T - Meat Loaf for Three (PIE 38)/Tater Tots/Carrot Sticks
19 W - Church Dinner
20 R - Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters/Broccoli/Carrot Sticks
21 F - Sweetheart Steak/Baked Potatoes/Green Beans
22 S - Super Duper Chili/Corn Muffins, Salad
23 U - Chili Dogs/Salad
24 M - Hot Chicken Salad/Broccoli/Carrot Sticks
25 T - Pork Chops with Corn Bread Stuffing (BC 260)/Salad/Broccoli
26 W - Church Dinner
27 R - Sweetheart Chicken (using sauce from 21 F)/Salad/Baked Potatoes
28 F - Chicken Patties/Maccaroni & Cheese/Carrot Sticks

You don't have to spend outrageous amounts of money to have good dinners at home. Just be willing to put in a little time in food preparation. Unprocessed foods are cheap! I rarely spend more than 1/2 hour in food preparation (I don't count the time stuff bakes). I save time by freezing meats in the amounts I will use them.

No comments: