Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Tastes Like Chicken : Crispy Onion Chicken

Let's face it - chicken is the white copy paper of the culinary world. But it's cheap and I don't think I've ever met anyone with a chicken allergy. Plain, unseasoned chicken is not particularly appetizing, fortunately there is so much you can do with chicken that you could eat it almost everyday. In fact, I think I know some people who do!

I like this SUPER EASY recipe.

Crispy Onion Chicken*

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 6oz. can of french fried onion rings (YUM!)

In a shallow bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Dip chicken in mixture then coat with onions. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (or til the juices run clear).

That's it! Since I currently have no need for 4 servings of chicken, I halved the recipe and used the leftover onion rings for baked potato toppings as a side dish (oh yeah, I also snacked on a few while I cooked...)

By the way, I have a personal aversion to Worstershire sauce, so I routinely replace it with Dale's Steak Sauce or soy sauce in recipes.

*Taste of Home 2004 Annual Recipes, edited by Jean Steiner. Reiman Media Group, Greendale, WI, 2003. Pg. 81.

No comments: