Thursday, July 13, 2006

New Cookbook!

I already have more cookbooks than anyone needs, but I'll gladly make room on my shelf for this one. My parents sent me this cookbook as a souviner from their recent trip to Mansfield, Missouri, home of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home Association. The book is The Laura Ingalls Wilder Country Cookbook and includes many recipes that Laura actually cooked all updated for those of us who don't have a wood burning stove in the kitchen!

For the Little House buff, the cookbook is also full of beautiful photographs from the Mansfield home and various items from Laura's home. Evidentally although she is known worldwide as a popular children's writer, in Mansfield she was known as a great cook. I can't wait to try my hand at her famous gingerbread.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Have fun with the new blog. Looks good!