Tuesday, March 02, 2010

How to: Broil Chicken

I've heard it said that your broiler is effectively an upside down grill. I was skeptical about broiling bone in chicken, but compared ideas found online and tried it. I marinated the chicken all day in Mojo seasoning and broiled it skin on 9 inches from the broiler. 20 minutes on the skin up side, flip and another 20. Some of the pieces would have been done in 12-15 minutes, but one piece needed the full 20. They temp'd out at a safe 180 degrees and tasted...like they were hot off the grill!

With the homemade yellow curry sauce it almost seemed like we were at Pollo Tropical!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

made the yellow curry sauce last night to have with chicken and cous cous with peas and corn mixed in. Just like chicken kitchen.. except next time I think I'll add a touch of water or chicken broth to make it more runny.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Isn't it amazing? I was so surprised at how much it tasted like the sauce at Pollo Tropical.